The regular board meeting began with several recognitions:
- Greg Sheide - Recently selected from nearly 500 peers to be this year's "4A Coach of the Year for Distinguished Service."
- Congratulations to the State Championship girl's tennis team from Orem High School.
- Lynsi Pearson - 2009 Tennis Team Coach of the Year
- Team Members - Ellery Young, Whitnie Pearson, Kelsie Craig, Callie Craig, Sydney Madsen, Jessie Dyer, and Kristee Rowley
There were three action items for the evening:
- Requests for Out-of-state Travel
- The Assurances portion of the Consolidated Utah Student Achievement Plan (CUSAP)
- Change in location for the October 27 and November 10 Board Meetings to accommodate the dedication of two new schools
- The location for the October 27 meeting will now be at North Point Elementary School instead of Shelley Elementary.
- The location for the November 10 meeting will now be at Westlake High School instead of Orchard Elementary.
- The school dedications will take place right before each of these meetings.
There were two discussion items for the evening:
- Schools closed to out-of area attendance for the 2010-2011 school year.
- Proposed Board Meeting schedule for 2010.
The next Board Meeting will be on October 27 at North Point Elementary. The dedication of this new school will begin at 6:00 p.m. followed by the Board Meeting at 7:00 p.m.