Friday, January 8, 2010

2010 Legislative Session

The 2010 legislative session begins January 25 and runs for nine weeks.

On your original Region 9 calendar there was a region PTA day scheduled, but since our region calendar was created we have received the Utah PTA calendar which has PTA Day at the Legislature scheduled near the beginning of the session, making our region day unnecessary.

My reasons for scheduling our own day were that I thought it would be more effective to get us all up to the capitol early in the session, meeting our legislators and learning the ropes.

I would still like to be available to you as a guide if you are interested. I will be available at least one day each week during the session to take you around, discuss bills, and help you meet your legislators. This will be by appointment, so please contact me if you're interested and I'll let you know which day I'll be there.

The first day of the session is generally given over to ceremonies, swearing in new legislators, etc., but any time after that, just let me know and we can make arrangements.

Please let me know if you have questions. I'd love for you all to feel comfortable at the capitol and with your legislators, which is how we can begin to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment